Friday, August 29, 2014

 "I am Groot"


My name is Ryan and I am currently a senior at Weber State University.  I am getting my B.I.S. (Bachelor of Integrated Studies) degree in Web Design and Web Development.  I hope to one day design websites and develop web applications.  I chose web design and web development, because I like knowing how things on the internet work.  The job outlook is really good and the pay can be really good.  Right now I am trying to develop my skills and working on my portfolio.

I am a pretty quite person and keep to myself.  I usually don’t talk unless I have something to say or a question.  So talking about myself is really hard.  You can find out more about people by just listening and not saying anything.  When I do talk I am usually pretty blunt.  I say what’s on my mind.  Some people think that I am stuck up or rude, but that is just my personality.  I do have friends and go and do fun things, but I don’t mind being alone.  When I am with my family, friends or people I am comfortable with, I am more outgoing and talkative. 

In my spare time I like to rock climb, mountain bike, snow ski, edit video and watch movies.  I am currently climbing at The Front Climbing Gym on 20th street and Lincoln in Ogden.  I like to climb, because it makes you think about how to move and position your body to get to the top of the wall.  I think that this helps me think about how to do things in my everyday life the easiest and most efficient way.  It doesn’t hurt that it is a full body workout.  I haven’t been riding my mountain bike very much lately, just to busy.  I also haven’t skied in a while, because I need new ski’s and boots. I haven’t been editing any video, because I am trying to get more proficient at coding.  The last couple of movies I’ve watched were Guardians of the Galaxy and the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  Guardians of the Galaxy is the best movie Marvel has made yet.  The new TNMT is as good as the third movie from the original trilogy, which isn’t saying much.  The graphics and fight scenes are better, but the story is terrible and the things they changed in the turtles origin story were bad.  The worst is how they tried to make the turtles look more human, now they just look creepy.  If your a fan of the original TMNT movies you will enjoy it, but it wont bring you back to your childhood.

I currently work at Kahuna Creations, which is a longboard (skateboard) company in Ogden.  I am the warehouse and shipping manager.  The company developed the “Kahuna Stick”. Which simulates Stand Up Paddle Surfing on the land.  In recent years Stand Up Paddle Surfing has become more popular, which helps the company sell more products.  We sell our products world wide.

3 comments:

  1. Ryan you just became my favorite person in this class! That's awesome that you work at Kahuna Creations. I try and get out early at least one morning a week and go on a solid longboard cruise. Also, I'm interested in climbing and maybe picking it up as another activity. How is The Front Climbing Gym?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Front is a great climbing gym. They change up the routes about every 5-6 weeks. They have ropes, bouldering, regular gym equipment and yoga classes. I would suggest going and trying it out.

      Delete
  2. Im always riding my bike at the Ogden Bike Park at the top of 9th street and I noticed there is a really popular rock climbing area right next to it. You should check it out if you hadn't already heard about. I don't know much about climbing but I spoke with a couple people heading up there and they said it's pretty sweet because it's just like a gym wall that gets progressively harder the farther you go east on the wall.

    ReplyDelete