Saturday, August 30, 2014

Tyson Jex

Hello,
My name is Tyson Jex and I am a senior at Weber State. I will be, there is no more hoping, graduating next spring with my degree in Journalism. As much as I love writing for The Signpost and other newspapers, I don't know if I will be a journalist once I get my degree. I guess I have a year to figure that out. I enjoy writing probably because it lets me express myself and gives me a chance to tell a story in a way that makes people feel like they were there.
I have been married for almost two years and have lived every minute of it. My wife is currently in nursing school so life is pretty hectic but we enjoy hiking and watching movies together.
Something's that I really enjoy is running and sports. I grew up playing basketball and football but once I got to high school I was too small to play so I did the next best thing, run. I enjoy the local 5k just as much as I love running the longer stuff. I don't know if there is anything better than a nice long run on Saturday morning before the sun comes up. I am an avid Chicago Cubs and still have faith that they will win a World Series before I die. 
I am excited about this class due to the fact they people have always edited the stories that I have written. During that time I have wondered why the had taken some stuff out whole leaving other stuff in. I think it will help me out with any type of writing that I do as well. 

1 comment:

  1. I know how tough it can be to write something and then it gets slashed for reason I have no idea. I feel the same way by taking this class I hope to have a better understanding of the process of editing.

    ReplyDelete