Tuesday, August 26, 2014



My name is Jordan Baker and I am a senior. I am an Organizational Communications major with an emphasis in Training and Development. I am married and have a sixth month old son. School is taking me a little longer than planned because it turns out that babies and husbands make life a little more complex! I enjoy hiking and camping with my family and really enjoy taking scenic drives.

I am originally from Colorado and spent my freshmen year at the University of Northern Colorado. I moved to Utah during my sophomore year to attend Weber through an undergraduate exchange program. I ended up meeting my husband and decided to stick around. After having my son we decided to move back to Colorado as a family to give something new a try after spending the last 5 years in Utah. So I am now back in Colorado and loving every minute of it. We live in Rye, Colorado which is a tiny mountain town. It is so small that it does not have a stop light. Rye is where I grew up and is home to 5 living generations of my family.

During my time in Utah I worked as a legal assistant for a family law attorney and also became a Notary Public. I learned a lot from my four years there. Editing legal documents and letters was a big part of my job. I really enjoyed playing with sentences and learning to address sensitive situations diplomatically through different forms of text. I am hoping, like most in this class, that this course will help me improve my editing skills and help me realize where my weaknesses are with grammar.

No comments:

Post a Comment