Sunday, August 31, 2014

Richard J. Marsh

Hi friends.

That's a photograph of me on a horse. I know that you're jealous. I don't own a horse, but I was on vacation in Florida last week and my sister and I took a trail ride on horseback. She snapped that photo and I think it looks great.

My name is Richard J. Marsh. I am a communications major studying Public Relations and Advertising. I grew up in Murray, UT and until December I had lived in Salt Lake County almost my entire life. I finally decided to try something new, so I moved up here to Ogden to finish school. I still have quite a ways to go, but I'm doing my best.

I've always been interested in advertising, and the psychology behind it. I love the book "Blink" by Malcolm Gladwell because of the sections on coke and margarine and how they were able to succeed through brilliant advertising.

I am the youngest child in a family of 4, and my parents moved to Florida a few years ago so I am on my own. I work as a bank teller and go to school as much as I can. I live with one roommate, and my dog Kanye. She is a 5 month old blue heeler puppy, and she's smart as a whip. She has been feeling a little neglected lately though, I think I'll try and take her for a walk tonight.

I served a mission in Houston, TX in 2008, and since then I have been just working and slowly going to school. My main hobby is music, I like to listen to it, play it, and watch other people play it live. I go to a lot of concerts. I've managed to make it all the way through my associates degree without any student loans.

If you're still reading this far, thanks for showing interest. I'm excited to take this class and learn more about editing.

1 comment:

  1. I am actually super jealous of this picture. I would love to go horseback riding in Florida. :)

    ReplyDelete