Sunday, August 31, 2014

Kacie Chappell


My name is Kacie Chappell. I am the blonde the picture, and the man to my left is my husband Shadd. I am 23 years old and am have only a year and 3 months left and I should be completing my degree. Which is great news as I am so ready to be done with school! Not that I do not enjoy learning, I just am so ready to have a completed degree. 

I am currently working on my Communications: PR and Advertising degree, and am looking to advance in the company I currently work for which is Campus Book Rentals, or working for a non-profit in Public Relations. I would love to work for the Human Society or anywhere dealing with animals. I started my college career at Utah State University, at that time I was pursuing a degree in Pre-Veterinary studies. I decided I hated science classes and switched to the Journalism/Communication program at USU. I lived in Logan for two years. I loved going to school there, but I do not miss the winters.  I then transferred to Weber to start a job in West Haven, UT. 

I live in Morgan, UT with my husband and my beagle, Corona. I plan on adding another puppy to the mix when I graduate which should keep things interesting, preferably a Springer Spaniel.  I also own two horses, Mel and Jess. Jess is a 15 year old red dun Quarter Horse, who I trained myself. Mel is a 6 year old blue roan Quarter Horse, who like most 6 year olds of any species, needs a little more training. My horses take up quite a bit of my time, but I love every minute. I coach my little sister's Horse 4 H group and enjoy going to horse shows all summer long. In the past I competed in rodeo queen competitions where I learned a lot about public speaking. I spend my summers horseback riding, camping, and going on ATV rides. I also enjoy crafting and spend most of my winter doing that while I am cooped up in my house. 

During the summer we took vacations to St George, Jackson Hole, Bear Lake and the Uintas. My favorite vacations are my trips to Beaverdam, AZ to harvest pistachios and pecans from my grandparents orchard. 

I enjoy watching any movie with the actors Johnny Depp or Christian Bale. My favorite movies are Secret Window and Out of the Furnace. I love reading John Grisham books, my favorite being The Pelican Brief. I am also currently very addicted to a few TV series: The Middle, SOA, and Grey's Anatomy. As far as music, I have a wide range in taste. I enjoy rap, country, and rock and many genres in between. My favorite artists are: Yelawolf, Tech N9ne, Brantley Gilbert, and Skillet. 

I am very excited for this class!  


1 comment:

  1. Good for you to almost have completed your degree and be so young still!! You will never regret it!! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete