Friday, August 29, 2014

Not the Progressive Lady

Hello! My name is Flo Bravo and I am super excited to be in this class.  I have been married for two and a half years and we have a one-year-old little girl. I am a Theatre major with an emphasis in Acting and Directing.

Communication is actually my minor but I am thinking about turning it into a double major since I'm going to be in school a little longer than I anticipated. Besides, I have loved all of my courses and I always have a hard time choosing which ones to take because they all sound so interesting! I originally planned to graduate this coming spring, but things have changed since our daughter was born!

My favorite comedian is Louis CK and I am so excited to see him live next week at the Oddball Comedy Festival! Seriously, if you haven't heard this guy's standup, you are missing out. It's on Netflix. And while you're at it, you should watch Louie, his Emmy-award-winning sitcom on FX.  I also love listening to NPR. It's always on in my car and I stream it on my computer when I am at home. My favorite production is Radio West with Doug Fabrizio. He has the most interesting guests! Every time I listen to his show, I get a little jealous; how cool would it be to have his job?!

My husband and I are big football fans and we cannot wait for the NFL season to start! Anybody else counting down the days till kickoff?

Last spring, I was awarded the John A. and Telitha E. Lindquist Student Fellowship for Creative and Artistic Endeavors.  Associated Actors and Technicians (AAT), a student organization in the Department of Performing Arts, is co-producing a student production of Seminar, a contemporary comedy. I AM THE DIRECTOR! I am so incredibly excited for this opportunity and I hope you'll come see our show in December!

I look forward to getting to know everyone this semester!


3 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you Flo. I like Louis CK as well. I heard about that comedy festival and there are some really funny people that are going to be performing. I really like Chris Hardwick's nerd comedy. I think it's cool that you are studying to become a director. I know there are different kinds of directing, but I really like Spielberg, Wachowski's, Nolan, Abrams and Snyder. I really like their story telling styles and the visuals they put in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with you and Ryno about Louis CK- he is a great comedian. I started watching his show Louie on Netflix and that is one hilariously raunchy and, oddly enough, frequently depressing show. I love NPR as well, my favorite is Science Friday. NPR also just did a really powerful piece about Ebola that they turned in to a little movie you can watch on their website

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to learn more about your college pathway and what you have done. I have a 16 year old daughter that wants to head down the path of theater and maybe eventually directing. She is extremely talented and just made a lead in the the "Drowsy Chaperone" at her high school. Always love to learn more about helping in the direction she should go! Beautiful picture also!!

    ReplyDelete