Wednesday, August 27, 2014


Hi Fellow Editors!

My name is Christa Lindley and I am a Communications Major with a focus in Public Relations and Advertising and an emphasis in Copy Writing. I love the major that I have chosen and feel that it really suites me.

I started my college career longer ago than I am willing to admit and have changed my path a few times. Originally I thought I wanted to major in Early Education and after a few jobs at some various day care facilities I decided working with children wasn’t for me. Then I thought about Marketing. Marketing seemed exciting and like a fun place to be in the business world but I was dreading some of the courses that came along with that degree. At some point, someone mentioned Public Relations to me and as I started to look over the classes I would take I realized that I was looking forward to most all of them. That seemed like a good sign to me so I started on my PR course and have honestly loved it.

Here are the top three reasons I would recommend a Communications Degree:
1.     The classes are interesting and inspire great discussion
2.     There are many great professors in the comm. department that know their stuff
3.     Comm. majors are fun and it’s a good department for making friends

I’m sure most of you landed in this course and are reading this because you are already Communication Majors so I hope you are loving your experience as much as I am. Even though I love it, I do have senioritis and am excited to graduate in the Spring.

Now that you know why I am in this class with you I’ll tell you a little bit more about myself. I grew up in North Ogden and graduated from Weber High School. I have two sisters and a niece that my entire family simply adores. My parents live in Layton and I live in South Ogden. I work about 5 minutes away from my house, which is really convenient.

I have two trues loves in my life – food and travel. I consider myself a foodie and love to find new restaurants. Sushi and Mexican food are my favorites. My favorite travel experience I have is a study abroad I went on in 2011 to Costa Rica. If the saying is true that “home is where the heart is” than my true home is Costa Rica. I loved the time that I spent there and dream about going back every day.

Thank you for reading about me. I look forward to this semester and reading your blog posts. :)

4 comments:

  1. My husband and I make a point to try new restaurants as often as we can. If you're ever in the Sugarhouse area, if you haven't been to The Dodo Restaurant, you need to go, even if only for dessert. It is absolutely worth the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to more more about your field with copy writing! I have never heard of that being a field and was wondering what made you decide on that? PR and Marketing are very popular right now. Are you tying the two fields together?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mexican food is the way to go! That is one of my favorite foods as well. I was in Park City a couple of weeks ago and tried out El Chubasco for the first time. I don't think that it is a new place, but I ate their based off of high recommendations from some peers. It is set up more like a fast food joint than a typical restaurant but it was so good! I got the street tacos and they were some of the best that I have ever had. They have a salsa bar as well .. very good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christa, we meet again! I also live in South Ogden. I can't believe we've had multiple classes together and we live in the same city, but we only met through Derek. Life is crazy like that, I guess. I absolutely love sushi. Have you tried Takashi in SLC? It will change your life. It is always busy and they don't take reservations, but it's worth the wait. :)

    ReplyDelete