Saturday, December 6, 2014

Web Page Design is more complex than I thought.


Designing website was also something that really interested me while I was in high school. I even took a class where we learned how to do the basics of getting a website up and running. I bet if I looked at it now that I would laugh and wonder why I thought that was cool or a good design. A lot has changed in the industry since then and technology has played a huge role in the progression of website design.
With that being said, there are still a lot of companies that struggle to get a customer friendly design on the web. The one thing that really stood out to me throughout the readings was that they suggested that you shoot photos of real people doing real things. I remember when ClipArt was a big thing, or maybe that was just me, but one must avoid that if they are going to have new viewers visiting their site.
Empty space also plays a much bigger role than I had expected when looking at layout design. When I was part of my high school yearbook, I was told to eliminate as much white space as possible. But that does not apply to this because it can focus attention and frame the content.
My two examples of good website design are from joelifrieri.com and his design named “Hugs for Monsters”. 

The other is going to be from Wordpress. It is a theme that I really liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment