Sunday, November 23, 2014

Design



As I was completing my assignment this week, there was one Web site that stood out to me. http://www.allmodern.com/gateway.php?refid=GX38137560574.Modern%20furniture~e&position=1t1&network=g&pcrid=38137560574&device=c&gclid=CNn00o6XksICFQmSfgod-o8A_g&gateway=1was a great example for many of the design techniques I focused on. It demonstrates balance, use of color, consistency, background picture, symmetry, balance, asymmetry, dominance, and many more. I really liked the simplicity of it and that the design reflected the name of the company.  
I also found many examples of bad Web design. One that I visited was so busy, it almost gave me a headache. I’m really upset because I don’t remember the name of the site. There was use of way too much color, too many fonts, no alignment. To sum it up, it was chaotic. Obviously, I was so turned off, that I don’t even remember the name of the company. I couldn’t get off the page soon enough.

Editing mistake,
This was something I noticed as I wrote my book report. I am guilty of using think, feel and believe interchangeably.
My personal example:
I believe that this type of promotion will increase the overall attendance.
Obviously, the correct word to use would be think, not believe. From now on, I will make sure to use thing/believe/feel in the correct way.

No comments:

Post a Comment