Monday, November 24, 2014

Roger Corry on website design

I really enjoyed viewing all the different websites looking for answers to the questions. I found some really good websites that I felt captured the viewer. The first website I want to discuss is the Apple.com website. I felt the website really captured Apples desire to show compassion for AIDS victims. The big red apple set in the center of the page almost forced me as a viewer to look and read further. It is a simple website and is not cluttered. There is a nice contrast between the red apple in the center and the unusual glass building in the back ground. As I looked at the webpage I felt that my eyes were steered to the center of the page. The developers did a wonderful job putting the webpage together. I also believe the developer used a very common font so as to not take away from the prominent apple.

The second website I wanted to discuss is the Duracell PowerForward website. I loved this website! It is very powerful and definitely shows that Duracell is prepared for any tragedy. The picture used of the Duracell truck sends a message of strength. The words “READY>RELIEF>RESTORE>” also send a message that equals and balances with the picture of the Duracell truck. This website is done very well. There is also a nice contrast with the destruction shown on both sides of the webpage.


Both of these examples worked and the developers certainly accomplished the goal of the campaigns.

No comments:

Post a Comment