Monday, November 3, 2014

Leads from Roger Corry

I am not sure how many “leads” I have read in my life, but it has got to be a bunch. The surprising thing is that I had no idea how many different ways they can be written. I know in the future I will pay more attention to the lead and how it was written. Below is a lead that I found while doing the other assignment due this week.

The following lead is an example of Anecdotal because it is a soft lead and talks about Mary Kennedy Thompson and shares some personal experiences about her life. Also this paragraph gives good information about the story and about Mary Kennedy Thompson. The lead takes a story telling approach to the story.

“When Mr. Rooter president Mary Kennedy Thompson compares the opening of her first franchise to jumping out of a plane, she’s speaking from experience. While a member of the ROTC program at the University of Texas at Austin, She graduated from Airborne School in 1982 one of only a handful of women at the time to have done so.” (A Big Leap, 2014).
This is a soft lead and a bit wordy, but I feel like it took the time to give the reader the information they need and also impart the desire to complete the article.


No comments:

Post a Comment