Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Website Preferences

For interests and hobbies, or for websites related to my interests and hobbies, I like websites that have good style and texture.  Good style and texture adds some flair to a website, especially when it provides a nice optical center for the user. Emphasizing style and texture in the background is especially helpful in capturing a user’s eye. One website I like (and related to one of my interests) is my favorite band Soundgardens site. The style and texture in the background is dark yet colorful and provides a nice optical center for the user. Here is the link:

soundgardenworld.com

For professional website I like good spacing, mainly because it helps me navigate the site more easily. If links are too close together and cluttered up it reduces the usability and can be confusing. There is nothing wrong with a decent amount of whitespace, just not too much, because it may lessen the professional appearance of the website. A professional website I believe does a good job of employing good spacing is Apple’s site. The website is easy to navigate and has high usability due to the effective spacing. Here is the  link:

apple.com

Editing Mistake

From an email I received at work this past week:

I am not sure who's vehicle this is…”


I frowned when I read this, as it should be “whose” instead of “who’s”, but given the purpose of the email was to inform somebody their car window was down and was probably written in haste I guess I can cut them some slack.

No comments:

Post a Comment