Sunday, November 23, 2014

Web Pages For Days!


Wow, there are so many different web pages to look at! I think the web design assignment was definitely one of my favorite assignments so far. I absolutely love design and found that locating the principles was quite easy. I want to show you a website that I used for the assignment that was, by far, my favorite site of all time. The principle that I was looking for when I found the website was contrast. Using contrast in your web page is extrememly important because this is what attracts attention to your site. The way colors complement each other draws attention to certain aspects on a site. Here is an example of a website that uses contrast to draw your attention to the page:



This homepage adds the perfect contrast of bright neon colors on a dark, black background. You are instantly attracted to the flaming car on the page, and it’s rather hard to leave the site. I love the design of this site.  I think the creator did a fantastic job at attracting the user’s attention and emphasizing the purpose of the site. 

One tip that I learned this week about web design is that attractiveness is one of the most important aspects of a webpage. If you are going to create a website, your main purpose should be to attract people to the site. I noticed that the sites that had bold contrasts like the one above, or colorful images were the most attractive to me. If we focus on this element, and make sure the site is easy to navigate through, then you have the perfect webpage! 

Editing mistake of the week:

 In this sign, prescription is misspelled. I can't decided if they misspelled it on purpose so that it would fit on the sign, or if they truly couldn't spell it right. Either way, this is pretty unacceptable for such a public display. 

1 comment:

  1. It is great when a website is both beautiful to look at and easy to navigate. Contrast is a great way to create an optical center for the user, and I like websites that employ style and texture to create that contrast.

    ReplyDelete