Sunday, September 28, 2014

Grammar Monster!


Ahhh, cheating on the web; what a great tool! A wonderful grammar site I like to use when I need help doing the assignments for this class is Grammar Monster.  The site explains everything such as, punctuation, parts of speech, confused words and even common mistakes in grammar. For every section you wish to gain information on, this site includes multiple examples and definitions to help you understand these tricky rules.  The neat thing about this site is that you can even chose from eight different languages to learn, and the site will convert to that language and teach you the grammar. Most grammar sites focus on English alone, so that’s why I found this site to be so special. 

Grammar Monster does not necessarily classify itself as an OWL, but I have used some of those sites before and found them not to be as helpful as Grammar Monster. Sometimes a good grammar site comes from the writer’s experience and opinion and not necessarily which is easier to navigate. 


This is a funny spelling mistake I came across on Pinterest the other day. I can’t even believe this person messed up the spelling so bad. Even from first glance it is clear that the word does not even look right.

3 comments:

  1. I love the mistake that you found. I agree that this is such an easy to spot mistake that someone definitely should have caught it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like the mistake that you found, but for all the we know it may just be a different spelling of the intended word. Wouldn't surprise anybody right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great mistake you came across. Had I seen that sign myself I would've likely first assumed it was "fragile" in a different language and not such a big spelling blunder.

    ReplyDelete