Sunday, September 28, 2014

OWL

The grammar site I found was an online writing lab, or OWL. The Excelsior College website can be found at owl.excelsior.edu. I think it was a fun, easy to navigate page with a lot of very useful information. First off, I was a fan of the aesthetics of the page. The layout was appealing and the use of owls was a cute play on words. After the looks of the website drew me in, I started exploring the different information it offered. The home page offered eight different choices: locating information and writing with sources, writing process, grammar essentials, essay zone, digital writing, paper capers, avoiding plagiarism and ESL-wow. For the purposes of this course, I decided to explore the grammar essentials. After clicking on the grammar button, six other options were pulled up: grammar essentials, punctuation, parts of speech, 20 most common errors, online writing resources and how to use OWL. For fun I decided to look into 20 most common errors. Some of the errors included quotation error, comma after introductory element, documentation and pronoun reference. The site is very interactive and gives a lot of information on every available topic. I really liked the way the information was presented. It was very easy to read and understand. This may be a website I use to get some answers in the future.

Now, for my grammar error. As exploring my website for this week’s blog post, I came across this punctuation error.


No comments:

Post a Comment