Monday, September 29, 2014

Skyeler King - About Me


            My name is Skyeler King and I am from South Ogden, Utah.  I was originally born in Layton, Utah, but my family made the move to South Ogden when I was roughly three.  This class will be my final class here at Weber State University.  I am very excited to earn my Bachelor’s Degree.  I have majored in Spanish and will be receiving a minor in Communication.  I served an LDS mission in Viña del Mar, Chile.  I loved every minute of it.  I am married to my best friend in the world, Andrea.  We have a beautiful daughter, Paisley.  Paisley is ten months old.  She has been the biggest blessing in our lives and is always happy. 
I currently work for CyberTech.  CyberTech is a company that specializes in geographic information systems (GIS), as well as data integration.  I am the Business Development/Account Manager for our law enforcement division.  We primarily offer solutions to law enforcement to help them facilitate and effectively use their real-time crime centers.  I love my job, even though it requires me to travel and be away from my family.  I work with some incredibly talented individuals and have the opportunity to report directly to our CEO, an Indian man who is by far the smartest businessman I have ever met.
I have several hobbies that I enjoy doing.  I primarily enjoy playing guitar.  I have been playing for about 15 years now and I have loved it dearly.  I have played in several bands and for several events.  My three influences are Brad Paisley, Keith Urban, and Joe Bonamassa.  I love my guitars like they are my children.  I have a Gibson Les Paul and a Fender Telecaster that I use as my primary guitars.  In total, I have roughly 8 guitars. 
My other hobbies include 4-wheeling, hunting, fishing, camping, ice hockey, basketball, xbox, and really anything that can be enjoyed.  I played ice hockey growing up and loved it.  I went on to play in college but was injured before the season officially started.  I was illegally hit from behind cracking my sternum and several ribs.  Sadly, that was the day that I hung up to competitive hockey skates and began to play recreationally.  I love fishing with my family.  There is nothing better than sitting by a lake or a pond and catching fish.  We have a large piece of land in the mountains for 4-wheeling and we have also introduced trout into our pond.
Last, but not least, I have to talk about my dog, Mozzy.  He is a yellow Labrador Retriever who is the sweetest dog I have ever met.  He is only a year old, but he is smarter than any dog I have ever met.  He is such a quick learner.  I enjoy taking him and my family into the mountains to spend a weekend and just relax and have fun.  There is nothing better than that. 
I am very excited for this class and ready to learn.  I do a lot of marketing with my company, as well as daily emails and contacts with individuals.  This class is going to help my grammar seem very professional and I am looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment