Monday, September 29, 2014

The best chapters in the book or so I think.

I really liked chapters 2 and 3 because I felt that it was something that I needed to read at the exact moment that I read them. In chapter 3, it really helped me look and think about some of the things that I have written lately and change somethings.
Chapter 2 was really funny because I catch myself trying to shortcut stuff all the time when I text. I do not like to use abbreviations or a ton of emoticons but I am always shortening my sentences. Especially on twitter, it is hard to say everything you want to say so I always see myself cutting things short. But the funny thing is that people are still able to decode the message that I am trying to send even though it may not be following any of the grammatical rules that we have been learning.
I didn't realize just how important emails were until I started my internship where I communicate mostly through email. If you don't sound professional, that is going to leave a bad impression for the person that you are talking to.
Chapter 3 was something that really hit home due to the fact that I have been struggling coming up with story ideas for a few weeks now. Not that it is easy for me to whip up a story but it is usually hasn't taken me as long as it has been. After reading that we must do research and go on walks to boost our writing, I have already seen the fruits of those labors. Since I have become more aware of my surroundings my writing has greatly improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment