Sunday, September 28, 2014

Would you believe where I found a typo??

First things first, I really like Chomp Chomp as a resource for help with grammar. Another student has already blogged about this one, but I want to reiterate that it's a great site. The interactive quizzes are really helpful. Especially when it comes to questions dealing with who/whom, it's/its, and so on. I find myself on Chomp Chomp taking the practice quizzes before I complete the "real" quiz assignment for class. You can find an exercise or practice quiz on pretty much any topic that you need. Dangling modifiers, subject verb agreement, parallel structure, punctuation, and so on. Take a few before taking the test this week; it will be really helpful!

And finally, you'll never guess where I found my typo of the week. For another class I have the APA style book. Just as we use the AP style book for editing class, I happen to also have the APA book. Please behold the typo I found near the back of the book...

Reference is misspelled in the header! I feel like I should get a prize for this one!



3 comments:

  1. I have used that Chomp Chomp site and as well as a few others but I have never taken the practice quizzes. I will have to try that before I do out next assignment. That is pretty funny that you found that mistake in the writing and grammar book. I thought I found one in our book, When Word Collide, but I forgot to mark the page and I couldn't find it again. I will have to keep looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never used ChompChomp. I will definitely use it to study for the test. The quizzes sound like they help a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is absolutely fantastic that you found that error where you did. It just goes to show that even though people that write our textbooks and come up with these rules may not believe it, they really are humans and will make mistakes just like everybody else.

    ReplyDelete