Saturday, September 27, 2014

The Little Blue Book

After doing a lot of research online to find a website that would help not only give me definitions to different parts of speech, but also examples for each one, I discovered The Blue Book.  This website is www.grammarbook.com.  It is based off of The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation by Jane Straus.  You can search many different grammar rules and it gives you the rule, examples, and if you want to you can even take a little quiz.  The thing that was most helpful to me was the example for each rule.  She is very thorough in explaining these rules and shows you correct and incorrect sentences. Not only does it have information on grammar, but it also has the punctuation rules, capitalization rules, and other different rules that can be very beneficial for editing. Check it out!  It really is a very helpful website.


      I have found spelling errors like this multiple times.  I am just amazed when creating the sign, this error isn't corrected.



                           When people use the words who, whose or whom I think that they stress about the rules and just guess.  This is a case when "whose" should have been used.



I just had to add this at the end.  I laughed because I am already starting to act like this lady (possibly wife or mother) and correct other's grammar and writing.  I am sure many of you feel the same way.  I guess we must be learning something from this class!


.                  

2 comments:

  1. I literally used this website to help with my Who vs. Whom assignment. I think that it is a great resource and I'll definitely keep it as a bookmark ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of that site, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete