Thursday, September 25, 2014

The Purdue OWL: Grammar Lab


The Purdue OWL website has been my go-to site for help with AP style and citations for quite some time now. However, I just relized that this is also an excellent source for grammar tips.

One thing I love about this website is that it is very user-friendly. The Grammar Lab has links to resources on all grammar topics from spelling to subject/verb agreement. I particularly like the resources they offer on verb tenses. I struggled with the verb assignments last week more than I’d like to admit.

There is a fantastic list of irregular verbs. I really struggle with irregular verbs sometimes, not only in my writing, but in my speaking as well. For some reason the past tense of drink, which is drank, does not seem like a word to me. However, I do know that it is not correct to say “I drunk the whole water bottle.” Still, some irregular verbs don’t sound correct to me. Does anyone else have this same problem?

Here is a link to the Purdue OWL: Grammar Lab https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/section/1/5/

Here is a fun grammar mistake that I came across this week. See what a difference a comma can make?


No comments:

Post a Comment