Sunday, October 26, 2014

AP Stylebook.. Pure Gold!

I haven't realized how effective these blog posts were until this week. I use my AP Stylebook multiple times a week. I use it for this class in specific but I glance at it when writing assignments for other classes. Every post I've done about a section of the AP Stylebook has been critical to my learning. When I write a post about a section, I focus on it and learn it better than I would just glancing through it. From how to use quotations effectively to essentials vs. non-essential phrases.

The section of the AP Stylebook that I value more than anything is the section on punctuation. It's hard to narrow it down to a specific rule because the whole section is priceless. I have the section bookmarked, highlighted, and underlined. What I have learned most is semicolons, quotations, and hyphens. It's amazing that I have always had these grammar tools to use but never had to the knowledge to use them.


The grammar mistake I found was in the school newspaper. Well, I think it is a mistake? When I read it, I couldn't help but think that something was wrong with it. It just didn't make sense to me when I read it out loud or for the hundredth time. Almost all of my mistakes I post are pretty obvious. Maybe someone could help me figure out if this is truly incorrect or not? Also, why it is wrong or right
.

No comments:

Post a Comment