Monday, October 27, 2014

Sexism is a real thing.


Although I have written my fair share of stories about both sexes, I can guarantee that I used a lot of sexist language. Even though I am fully aware that women are just as equal as men, I don’t think that has translated into my writing.
They Myth of the Generic He
The example of a doctor really caught my attention especially that questions. No, doctors and children are not all male. But if we just use he or him than we are making the generalization that they are. After doing the assignment, I realized that I need to use his or her more because I feel that it fits my style of writing better.
The reading in the AP Stylebook took me back to Comm Law and all of the cases that we covered in the reading. Defamation is something that really confused me for such a long time but after doing the reading, I feel that I understand it a lot better. Just because we get an audio clip that we feel is newsworthy, we have to be careful to make sure that it isn’t going to make someone want to come back and sue you.
Mistake of the week:
I don't have the exact picture from what I saw but I found something similar on the internet. One of my brothers good friends got a tattoo this past week. It was a quote and had the word loyalty spelled wrong. It was spelt loyatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment