Sunday, October 26, 2014

Rampant sexism

Allow me to apologize for exposing you all to this absolutely terrible website. I encourage none of you to waste any time perusing it, as the content has no place in civilized society.  I find it disheartening that this kind of hateful material is published regularly. Thankfully, this website not part of a respected news organization.

www.returnofkings.com is a blog for "heterosexual, masculine men. It’s meant for a small but vocal collection of men in America today who believe men should be masculine and women should be feminine."
The material in the posts they publish is sexist and often racist. Here are just a few titles to illustrate this point:
They are also heterosexist, as you can see in their "About" page, where they have the following statement:
"Women and homosexuals are discouraged from commenting here."
In "When Words Collide," Kessler and MacDonald warn against labeling people according to their sexual orientation. 

I like that the book touched on the topic of "political correctness." In truth, I have often thought someone was going overboard. On the other hand, I've been offended by some things I've seen in print, making me wish the reporter or editor had been a tad more sensitive. Bottom line: better safe than sorry. 

1 comment:

  1. That website is crazy. That is just pure hate speech. The internet is an awesome thing but it is sad that it can also be used in this way.

    ReplyDelete