Monday, October 27, 2014

I hope I can bail this man out of jail so he can bale my hay.


When we are writing and reading, we need to understand that meaning of the words that we are putting out there. Whether it be accept the invitation or except for the fact. I think the one word that I struggled most was when I was a kid would have been bail and bale. That is due to the fact that I helped my brothers retrieving the hay for our horses. I would write stories in school about it all the time. I remember getting it wrong every time during the whole story, that made me feel really dumb.
The rest of the reading was very helpful as well because my use of past tense for a lot of words has been pretty bad. The one word that really sticks out to me is hang because I always felt that it was “hung” in every instance. I don’t think it once ever crossed my mind that it could be hanged, but now I know.
My Mistakes:
This comes from the example that was just given because I was teaching a class at my church this past Sunday. One of the kids said that he had seen a movie were a man had been hung. I was about to tell him that it was hanged when another kid said that he had said it wrong. He explained to the other kid it was hanged and that he had learned that in the fourth grade. That made me feel really dumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment