Saturday, October 4, 2014

My Pallet / Palate Is Buring!

So while doing this weeks assignment I got to the question with the words: pallet, palate and palette.  I had to look these up.  I know what a pallet is, I use them all day at work.  The other two, palate and palette, were ones I had to look up.  I have seen them before, but I couldn’t remember which one was which.  So this is how I will now remember them.

Pallet: is a crude bed or portable platform which can be moved, stacked and stored.
How I Remember: I think of it as a wooden or plastic platform that goods are shipped and moved on.

Palate:
is the roof of the mouth.
How I Remember: I think of it as “pal ate,” referring to food and eating.

Palette: a thin board that artists use to mix and lay colors.
How I Remember: I don’t have anything clever to remember this one, but the longer word is more fancy or artistic.

My editing mistake came from an article that I was reading about family guy on “HuffingtonPost.”

 The writer forgot to put an “in” between “controversy” and “an.”




Link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/30/mila-kunis-meg-griffin_n_5909672.html?utm_hp_ref=family-guy

2 comments:

  1. I too remember the rule for "pallet" in a similar way. I often move stuff around on pallets at work, unaware that the word pallet also meant crude bed. Gathering a lot of nice tips from this class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your trick for remembering palate. That clicks for me, and will make it easier to remember.

    ReplyDelete