Sunday, October 26, 2014

Policepeople, Firefighters, Human Beings

I really liked the sexist language portion of this weeks lesson. In the world that we live in today, people are always taking offense to things regardless if there was hurtful intentions or not. It is always good to learn different wording for certain occupations and terms that are neutral in which gender they are geared towards and have something else to say versus the typical man v. woman wording. I liked what I learned and it gave me a broader understanding of words in which I can use in the future.
I know the law portion of this degree is important, but that stuff is hard for me to get into and to get excited about. It is interesting learning about all of it, but there are so many different terms, rules and regulations that I never even knew existed until this class. As far as I understand it, libel and slander are the same exact things jut written versus oral, and defamation is a combination of both. Right? If that is the case, why don't we just get rid of the terms libel and slander as a whole and start calling everything that has to do with that defamation. Broaden up the category. This was not one of my favorite weeks that we have had so far, but I know it is important stuff and I guess it was fun learning it!

No comments:

Post a Comment